Wednesday, January 26, 2011

January 26, 2010 - Update

I can't believe it's been 2 weeks already since my last post. I meant to do a better job. We have had a lot going on and I have a huge list of things to do. We are slowly marking things off.

Let me start with Conner's recovery. He recovered swiftly from getting his adenoid out. He was pretty much fine by the next day. The doctor put him on 5 days of Amoxicillin because he said that getting this done sometimes stirs up a festering infection. He was right about the infection...however, the antibiotic was not the right one for Conner. We never see many results with that one. So after about a week, he ended up at the pediatrician and she put him on a double course of stronger antibiotics. They would like to get this thing knocked out so that hopefully he won't keep getting these infections over and over again. That was the whole point of getting this done in the first place. So the new medicine seems to be working and Conner is doing great. The snoring (don't know if I mentioned, but he was snoring REALLY loudly the first week after the procedure) is pretty much gone and he seems to be doing great. Since January 11 (the adenoids and tubes), he has slept through the night a few times and the other nights, he is only waking up once. We are dealing with it. At this point, it seems like it has developed in to a pattern and he just needs some comforting for a minute. He goes right back to sleep (after David takes him back to bed) and is waking up happy in the morning. His daytime nap is pretty much eliminated, which has been a challenge. At a certain time most days, the crankiness comes out, but he can't sleep at night when he naps, so we are all adjusting to the change and hopefully it will get better.

There are a lot of changes going on in our house too. Conner moved in to his new room a few nights ago. We had it painted and David moved all of his furniture. It's still not 100% done. His clothes are still in the old room and his books are still not back on his bookshelf. We haven't hung anything on the freshly painted walls either...we are trying to decide what we want to put up first before we put any holes in the wall! The hardest part for Conner was losing his rocking chair. We were going to keep it for the baby's room, but Conner has other ideas. He wants to keep his chair and so he will. We can't make too many changes at once. So, he has so far been fine in the new room. No changes in sleeping or anything. He has needed an extra book before bed and we will probably end up rearranging the furniture to make it better for him, but so far, the transition has been okay. He still prefers the "old room" and says he likes it better, but hopefully in the next few weeks, he will adjust.

We are in the final stretch for Baby Girl Larson. 40 days from today as long as everything continues to go well. It seems like such a short amount of time...but it's going so slow. I am pretty tired, but I think mostly because I have a terrible cold and have a really hard time sleeping at night. I have some serious hip pain, but it's just an old pain that happens to be worse right now. Other than that, I am feeling pretty good...better than I thought I would at this point. I really can't complain at all and we are grateful for every day. I'm happy to be at 33 weeks. It seems so hard to believe that I will be back in surgery, in the operating room, in the hospital, in just a few weeks...I never imagined I would be back there. I'm a little anxious and praying it goes much more smoothly this time (considering how different this time is, it should be much better). I don't really know the doctor doing my c-section...I've only met her once, but she was my second choice (out of 7 doctors) because she seemed really good, she has a lot of experience, and according to the lady who does the appointment scheduling, she is the most requested of the doctors (I didn't know that until afterwards). I start going to the doctor twice a week starting next week and will see her a few times so that should be good.

I will post more soon. There really is a lot to catch up on...and will post some photos too.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that things are going well. I am sure that Conner will adjust to the new room. I can't wait to see pictures. I am glad that Baby Girl Larson is continuing to grow and we can't wait to meet her when it is time. Continue to take care of yourself.

    All our Love,

    Andra, Michael, Cheryl and Cayla

    ReplyDelete