Tuesday, August 16, 2011

August 8 - Brennan at 5 months (actually it's August 16 already!)

I only have a few minutes while Brennan and I sit at Panera waiting for Conner to finish up at Speech Preschool but before it gets too far past, I wanted to do an update on little B.



We couldn't love this little girl more. We love Conner so much that I wasn't sure how it would be with a second, but I just love her to bits and pieces. She is so happy (most of the time!) and such a doll baby. We are so lucky (have I said that a million times already?!).

Brennan is doing amazingly well. We didn't have an official 5 month visit at the pediatrician (we have a 6 month one in a few weeks) but she had a sick visit for a bad cough so they weighed her. She was 16 lbs, 7 oz. HUGE! But doing so great. Around 4 months and 2 weeks old, she started rolling over and in the last 3 weeks, she has been ALL OVER THE PLACE! It was like, "Okay, I rolled over, now I'm ready to get moving". She rolled a lot for a few days, but now she is more interested in learning to crawl...and she almost has it. For a few days, she could only get backward. Now she can go forward and in all directions. It's more like a scoot/army crawl/jumping almost, but she is getting where she wants and crawling is not too far away. I was so worried about her development because we spend so much time going to Conner's appointments and she is always with me (not doing tummy time, playing, etc) but she is doing awesome (we think!). We do occasionally put her in the exersaucer or jumper (even though Conner's PT told us not too...I promise we don't do it that much or for that long) and she likes those, but she is definitely a floor baby, just like Conner was.




She is also starting to express her opinion (already...we are in trouble!) about stuff. When she is hungry or tired, everyone in the world knows it. It's become much more difficult for her to get rest in her carseat when we are on the go on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but we are making it work. One of the biggest challenges is that Conner is always in her face. He loves her so much and he doesn't care if she's sleeping so he wakes her up. We're working on it. She makes noises, but not babbling yet. I hope that will come soon (since Conner never did, I worry about this all the time...no babbling is a precursor to speech apraxia which we deal with every day. This could be hereditary and not necessarily related to Conner's prematurity, so just another thing to stress over!).



Brennan is NOT interested in solids at all. We have been trying oatmeal for a few weeks. I tried it and she gagged, so I waited a week and tried again. Now we have tried several times. I thought maybe she didn't like it, so we have tried apples and sweet potatoes. She was not interested. She is still just drinking formula, five 6 oz bottles a day. She is still gaining weight very well, so I'm not worrying about it yet, but I hope she will catch on to eating soon.



Well, that's about all I have time for. Have to give an update on Conners' school choice which was very difficult and changed at the last minute. Will do that when I have a minute.



No comments:

Post a Comment