Friday, June 3, 2011

June 2, 2011 - A New Bike, A Cage and more

Had to quickly post about today before I hit the hay. Conner's schedule is quite busy these days, but he does well with a structured busy day. It seems to work for him. Today started at 9. He did a make up day at speech preschool (he will start going every T/Th in a few weeks). David took him while I took B to a doctor appointment (more on that in a minute). Anyway, Conner went to preschool and as always, had a great day. The teacher told David (and told me the same on Tuesday) that Conner is a pleasure to have in class and she loves having him. Always makes parents feel good to hear stuff like that. Oh and on Tuesday, the little girl in the class told her mom that she wanted Conner over for a playdate.

So David drove Conner from there to OT and Speech at another place. I met them there with the baby so David could go back to work. Anyway, Conner had a great day there...that was from 1-2:30. Then we got back in the car and drove to PT at yet another place. I haven't gone back to watch his session in a while because it has become very distracting for Conner. Today, Conner kept saying he was hungry so I ran to the little cafe thing and bought him some Bugles (nutritious, I know!) and walked back to give them to him.  I saw a boy (who was Conner...but I was so shocked!) riding his bike with training wheels down the hall. I couldn't believe it. David had brought the bike up there because we wanted to work on riding it...Conner was getting way too big for the tricycle so we bought him a Cars bike. Anyway, he did a great job riding his new bike. It still has special pedals on it that basically velcro C's feet to the pedals, but maybe in a few weeks, we will try to take them off and see what Conner does.



After that, Conner's PT tried him out in their new "cage". It has a fancier name...something like Universal something or other, but it looks like a cage. Conner called it a locker. Anyway, she got him all hooked up and once he got comfortable, he was jumping all over the place. I don't know much about it, but it was cool, and I was so proud of him. He is getting better every day with his jumping and I think this new activity is going to be fun for him. He was whipped by the end of the session.




So Conner had a great day as far as I'm concerned. He continues to make progress in every area and we are so happy with how well he is doing.

Brennan had to go to the dermatologist today. She has a Nevis Simplex (stork bite) on her nose/forehead. It is so faint that we don't even really notice it, but the pediatrician wanted us to go have it checked just because of its location. She also has a hemangioma on her shoulder. We weren't concerned about either of them, but the dermatologist wanted to try to reduce the one on the shoulder (he said the one on her face should fade and disappear). He gave me three options, but seemed to lean toward one...so we went ahead and started to freeze the hemangioma. It only took about 15 seconds total...it measured 16 cm by 11 cm, so hopefully when we go back in 4 weeks, it won't have grown as much. I was really hesitant to do it at all because I didn't want her to have any unnecessary pain but the doctor really wanted us to try it now instead of waiting. The other option was trying a topical drug but when I asked about safety, he couldn't really reassure me enough. Hopefully after this is done with, we won't have to go back (although he was a nice doctor and I will consider taking Conner next time we need a dermo for him).



Other than this, Brennan is doing really well. She is cute as a button and very well dressed! I have tons of cute hair clips for her already! She doesn't really love tummy time but the last few days she has had much less spit up so maybe tummy time will get better. She has rolled a few times from her stomach to back, but I don't think it was very purposeful yet. She still loves sitting and standing and whenever we lay her on her back, she tries to lift her head.

Nothing much else going on...this weekend, more hippotherapy fun!

1 comment:

  1. aw miss the PT place...it looks great and so does Connor on the new bike and equipment!

    ReplyDelete